This one day course teaches basic first aid and life-saving skills with a balance of theory and practical work during training. It is designed to meet the minimum requirement for familiarisation and basic safety training for seafarers with designated emergency duties.
This course is part of the mandatory basic safety training courses, which also include: Personal Safety and Social Responsibilities, Proficiency in Security Awareness, Personal Survival Techniques and Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting.
The course is included in our STCW Basic Safety Training Week.
- The ability to act safely and effectively when an accident or emergency occurs;
- The treatment and priorities of care for an unconscious patient;
- The recognition and treatment of a person in seizure;
- The recognition of cardiac arrest and delivery of cardio-pulmonary resuscitation (CPR) including an overview of AEDs;
- The ability to recognise and safely treat a patient who is choking;
- The ability to safely and promptly treat a patient who is bleeding;
- The keeping of simple records following an accident.
- The recovery position in a confined space;
- Cold shock and hypothermia from immersion and/or exposure;
- Seasickness and dehydration;
- Medical assistance or advice by VHF
- Helicopter rescue
- Category C Medical Stores
Price per person
Dates for 2017
- Wednesday 09th August
- Saturday 19th August
- Sunday 10th September
- Wednesday 20th September
- Sunday 01st October
- Wednesday 11th October
- Sunday 29th October
- Wednesday 08th November
- Sunday 26th November
- Wednesday 06th December
- Sunday 17th December
For further dates please contact the office