WorkSafe Training Systems provides a 1 day AED course that meets the recommendations of the European Resuscitation Council for First Responder Defibrillation.
Ideally candidates will already hold a HSE First Aid at Work certificate but full training in CPR can be given if necessary. An AED unit is an integral part of the course and should be in-situ or available before training takes place.
AED Programme Content includes:
- An overview of Ventricular Fibrillation and the use of defibrillators.
- Emphasis on early intervention, early CPR and the importance of the Chain of Survival.
- Lots of hands-on practice for students using training AEDs.
- Scenario practice sessions tailored to portray similar situations to which the student may have to respond.
- Maintenance and troubleshooting of AED's.
A final assessment of knowledge and skill is a requirement of this programme. This is valid for one year but retraining is
Successful candidates will be awarded a plastic qualification card on completion and recieve a full colour A4 certificate awarded by WorkSafe Training Systems.
The qualification is valid for 12 months but refresher training is recommended every six months in line with Resuscitation Council guidance
Course Duration: 6 hours (less time may be required if AED is delivered at the same time as another programme incorporating Basic Life Support skills).