Emergency First Aid at Work with Paediatric Skills is a 1 day WorkSafe first aid training programme of minimum 7 contact hours designed to provide candidates with the HSE approved Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW) qualification with additional the addition of infant and child resuscitation skills.
The syllabus follows guidance issued by the HSE for persons providing first aid in low risk environments or where the likelihood of accidents is low and emergency services are readily available. It is delivered in accordance with the Approved Code of Practice L74.
Emergency First Aid at Work with Paediatric Skills covers the basic essentials required to provide emergency care to a patient. Candidates will receive training in a range of first aid skills including:
- The ability to act safely and effectively when an accident or emergency occurs.
- The treatment and priorities of care for an unconscious patient.
- The recognition of cardiac arrest and delivery of cardio-pulmonary resuscitation (CPR) for adults, infants and children.
- The ability to recognise and safely treat a patient who is choking (Adult, Infant, Child).
- The ability to safely and promptly treat a patient who is bleeding and in shock.
- The ability to recognise and manage a person in Seizure.
- The keeping of simple records following an accident at work.
WorkSafe Emergency First Aid at Work with Paediatric Skills is a HSE approved programme that uses the following methods to ensure students are fully prepared as a workplace first aiders following attendance:
- Comprehensive student pack for each delegate containing full colour reference manual for use during the class and as an ongoing reference
- Fully approved and quality assured instructors with a normal class size not exceeding 12.
- Active learning strategies with opportunity for lots of practice in small, relxed groups monitored by the instructor.
- Professional presentation material that uses a graphical approach to ensure understanding of key topics.
- The opportunity to complete a course evaluation and register online with the WorkSafe website to activate automatic qualification expiry reminders and signup for industry related updates.
Successful candidates will be awarded a plastic qualification card on completion and receive a full colour A4 certificate awarded by WorkSafe Training Systems.
Course Duration: 7 hours