Our Environmental Policy
By this policy Falmouth School of Sailing recognises its responsibility towards protection of the environment, and issues this statement as a commitment of the management to minimising the environmental impact of its operations.
Falmouth School of Sailing will ensure that every aspect of our activities is conducted in accordance with sound environmental practices.
We will achieve this by:
- Minimising the consumption of natural resources and energy, whilst consuming material goods in moderation
- Reducing the creation of waste by the adoption of improved operating practices and by the re-use and recycling of materials whenever practical
- Ensuring all waste and effluent is disposed of in a safe and responsible manner
- Implementing new products and processes that have an improved performance regarding their impact on the environment
- Comply with all relevant environmental legislation, codes of practice, regulatory controls and client or insurance requirements - and wherever possible exceeding those requirements
- Minimising avoidable pollution or nuisance that may be caused by our activities
- Raising awareness, encourage participation and train employees in environment matters
Falmouth School of Sailing aims to adopt and develop among its staff, suppliers, customers and shareholders an understanding of environmental issues in the context of its business. Our collective task is to ensure that we continually improve the environmental impact of our total activities.
This policy will be reviewed annually by the management at Falmouth School of Sailing as part of the on-going commitment we have towards minimising our environmental impacts and operating in a socially responsible manner. Our performance will be monitored wherever possible and the results of our reviews will be available for any stakeholders.